Thursday, March 29, 2012

Does Stress=Eating?

Simultaneously, everything and nothing is happening. The weather has been holding out a bit.  We had a couple days of ridiculously warm days.  It actually hit 80 twice!!  But, things have settled down and are back to a more typical warming into Spring feeling.  It didn't snow, which did surprise me.

I have been looking for a job for about a month.  The pressure is on at the current job to hurry up and work somewhere else.  I get it, but job hunting is very stressful because I don't really have experience that matches up with my education.  I know I'm an amazing employee.  Getting that to the employers is difficult.  Once I'm in the interview, I'm golden.  I am easier to sell in person.

My brother's wife died.  It was sudden and unexpected to some, especially my brother and his children.  I have been taking care of the fallout to my children from her death.  My girls were especially hurt because they were very close to her but also shielded by Love of My Life and me.  We did not want them to experience the full impact of her, so we protected them the best we could. 

My joints seem to have calmed down a bit.  I had pushed up the level of work I was doing in the gym, and I think that really adversely affected my joints.  Since going back down to the last level of resistance, my joints don't hurt as much.  I'm going to have to be careful.  I am going to have to accept the level of exercise I am doing and just back off increasing the resistance for a while.  Bike riding season is pretty much here, so I will be doing other things than going to the gym.

I am almost done with my second class with the second Masters degree.  I realized, again, that I do not need another degree, nor do I really want one.  I've got to stop doing that.  I know I enjoy education, but I just need to stop for a while and start paying off that monster loan.  In the mean time, as I've been taking the class, I've added to my stress levels.

So.  With everything that is going on in my life, have I returned to old habits?  I don't think I have.  Since I still don't really care about eating, I'm only eating at designated times.  I haven't really changed what I'm eating, lately.  I'm still really enjoying the Greek yogurt with Kashi GoLean, flavored Greek yogurt, and whatever for dinner.  I'm treating myself with one slice of bread per week with peanut butter and sugar free jelly on it.  The bread is extra fiber, the peanut butter is extra protein, and the jelly adds the moisture I need.  The only thing that the stress is truly bringing me is a lack of sleep.  It seems no matter what I go through, sleep is where I lose.

Plane ride next week.  We'll see how THAT goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment