Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Introduction

Hey, Everyone!  I am Sarah.  I am so many things I don't even know where to start!  I started this blog on the insistence of the love of my life.  He said that with everything I had done to prep myself, I had never read anything about the patients immediately following surgery.  Since every day, there is something new, strange, and wonderful happening, I am going through a little bit of an identity crisis.  Love of my life, you were right.  This is the thing to do. 

First, a bit about me.

I am married...almost twenty years.  We have three children.  The oldest (AN ADULT!!) is off to college.  The two who are still home are teenage girls.  Every stereotype you are immediately thinking needs to be tossed out a window.  My girls have stepped up and grown up so fast and unexpectantly, they really are a joy.

In addition to being the head honcho, I also work a full time job outside of the home. 

I was a stay-at-home parent for fourteen years.  I loved every minute of it.  Anyone who thinks the stay-at-home mom does nothing but sit around at home is seriously misinformed.  SAHM work harder than anyone else.  Want to add to the work load?  Sure, why not!  For three of those years as a SAHM, I was also a teacher to my three children at home.  We cyber schooled, not home schooled.  For those of you who don't know the difference, there really isn't one, but for those who do know the difference...so do I!  While I was being a cyber Mom and SAHM, I worked on my own education, finishing up with a Masters degree.  I started attending college when I had three kids under the age of three.  So, finishing the Masters meant I had to go out and pay off those student loans.  The kids went back to brick and mortar school, and we struggled for a few years to adjust.  Once my son hit high school, he requested to come home.  He had always been a self-motivated kid and would complete the work given him, so home he came.  He completed everything early, applied to his three top schools, was accepted to all three and is now at the college of his choice.  My girls are happily skipping through high school.  They are, without a doubt, the happiest, most pleasant teenage girls I have ever met!!

I started thinking about gastric bypass many years ago.  It took me a long time to mentally get to the point where I realized I was ready to do it.  There is no point in scrambling your insides if you don't take care of the mental stuff first.  This blog was created to document what I am going through, and to use as a tool for those of you thinking about having it.  I never saw/read/heard what it was like for the day-to-day stuff post surgery.  All I ever knew was the weight would come off magically.  The adjustments I have already had to make, I feel are important to know.  This is NOT a "oh, if I'd only known, I never would have done this" blog.  This is more of a "oh, if I'd only know, I wouldn't be so FRIGGIN' SURPRISED!!" blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment