Thursday, December 15, 2011

Lack of Desire

So, I'm sure that anyone who is trying to lose weight or has tried will think this is a ridiculous concern, but try to understand it is a concern.  I have no desire to eat or drink.  I don't feel hungry.  I'm just eating because, apparently, I'm quite the crank when I don't.

Yesterday, I was eating a perfectly acceptable lunch of turkey wrapped around half a slice of Swiss cheese.  I make them so they are tightly rolled.  I cut them into the required pea sized bites and dip my fork into some Greek yogurt for additional protein.  I've been having two of these when I make them.  Half way through the first one, all I kept thinking was that I really didn't want to have to finish what was left.  After finishing the first one, I just stared at the second one, trying to will myself into eating it.  Instead, I wrapped it up to bring home.

My diet team wants me to ingest 60 g of protein every day.  I try really hard to make that happen.  To ensure that it does, I often skip my strawberry kiwi water and have a protein shake.  Since I'm at work, it became too cumbersome to cart my blender with me, so I started taking the Special K protein drink.  That worked for a while.  Now, I just can't be bothered to drink that, either.  I just don't have the desire.

I'm going to get to a scale today to find out just how much I've lost.  While losing weight is a nice side effect, that wasn't the reason for the surgery.  However, after the snide thought-free comments of some family members, I need a little emotional boost.

I made the burger bites again.  This time, I used a different onion and a little less meat.  They were still delicious.  I went to PF Changs over the weekend.  The black bean chicken is really really moist.  That worked out well.  We went there with Oldest Friend and her family after her youngest child's ballet performance.  All the kids had a wonderful time.  I can't ever remember not enjoying myself with Oldest Friend.  Still, I didn't desire any of the food.  I just ate a little because I knew the drive home was long and would be exceptionally dangerous without eating.

I'm guessing I just have to power through this.  It's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment